Research Grant Specialist III
Cancer Research Breakthroughs Start with Employees like You
Join Cedars Sinai as a global leader in research and technology, moving toward the forefront of medical advancements, with scientists making medical and scientific breakthroughs that save lives.
Do you have a passion for helping human kind?
Under general guidance, the RGS III works with the Department Manager and/or Principal Investigator (PI), in the oversight and submission of all pre- and post- award grant administration processes of the Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Institute (SOCCI). Serves as liaison between departments, research groups, Office of Research Administration (ORA), and accounting and finance departments. Performs pre- and post- award administrative functions, including reviewing technical sections of proposals to ensure requirements are met, and preparing and/or reviewing budgets to ensure completeness and accuracy using knowledge of grant budgets, expenditure restrictions, and grant accounts.
Monitors expenses, performs reconciliations and research related financial reporting of federal and non-federal grants and ensure compliance with all federal, state and local agencies including the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Department of Defense (DOD), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Institutional Review Board. Prepares and routes internal documents for signature and processing, works with PI's and ORA staff to submit all deliverables in a timely manner including: FFR's, No Cost Extensions, Carry Forward of Funds, executing subcontracts, etc.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently performs all pre-award and post-award monthly financial projections, account reconciliations, cost transfers, progress reports, budget changes, salary allocation reviews, time and effort management reporting, purchase order reconciliation, and monitoring milestones for multiple project, infrastructure, and multi-center grants.
- Performs financial analysis and forecasting to identify relevant factor variances, formulate logical conclusions and devise alternate solutions as necessary.
- Reviews grant applications and post award management activities, develop logical solutions to difficult, unusual, or firsttime problems, and provides solutions for action to leadership.
- Manages all deliverables including invoices and subcontract paperwork, complex financial reporting processes and fiscal responsibility for salary, supply costs, subcontracts.
- Mentors and trains grant management staff.
- Bachelors Degree required
- 7 years of progressively increasing pre- and post award research grant experience or equivalent of education and experience
- Possess a working knowledge of Federal and State Pass-Thru agency requirements and cost principles circulars
- Experience with preparation of general grant submission components, including preparation of progress and financial reports
- Experience with preparation of scientific manuscripts and abstracts
- Experience working with multi-PI proposals
- Knowledge of general accounting and financial analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency in maintaining complex financial reporting processes and fiscal responsibility for salary, supply costs, and subcontracts.
- Proficiency in eRA commons, grants.gov, NIH RePORTER, Federal Reporter, and other related proposal submission systems
- Working Title: Research Grant Specialist III
- Department: Cancer Institute
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: West Hollywood
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Contract & Grant Budgeting/Funding
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
- Recruiter: Christine Novoa
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, origin, citizenship, ancestry, disability, legally protected medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
As an employee, you can apply to this internal job posting.