Research Grant Specialist II - Cancer Institute
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters.
This shared culture of happiness, passion, and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we rank as one of the top hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. From working with a team of committed healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything necessary do something incredible—for yourself and for others.
As a Research Grant Specialist II (RGS II), you will complete and submit federal and non-federal grants and serve as the liaison between departments and sponsored research funds administration, accounting, and finance departments. The RGS II generally performs all Pre- and Post-award administrative functions, including, but not limited to, ensuring internal documents are prepared and routed for signature and processing, monitoring grant accounts, tracking all expenses, providing grant and financial reconciliation, and research-related financial reporting.
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- May contribute content to standard sections of grant applications
- Monitors Time & Effort for accurate reporting and performs necessary funding corrections via direct cost transfer requests
- Responsible for grant close out
- Finds opportunities for research funding opportunities
- May negotiate budgets for clinical trials
- May assist with research participant billing
- Ensures compliance with internal policies and procedures, all federal and local agencies including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and local Institutional Review Board
- Maintains research practices using Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law
- Participates in required training and education programs
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree required
- Three to five years (3-5 years) minimum experience in administration of research grants, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CRA/CPRA/CFRA/SoCRA certification.
- Working Title: Research Grant Specialist II - Cancer Institute
- Department: Cancer Institute
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: West Hollywood
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Contract & Grant Budgeting/Funding
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
- Recruiter: Christine Novoa
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, origin, citizenship, ancestry, disability, legally protected medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
As an employee, you can apply to this internal job posting.