Supervisor, Office Services - Kidney & Pancreas Transplant
At Cedars-Sinai, we're motivated by a collective spirit of innovation and the challenge to continuously improve. Above all, we share a real passion for helping others. Day after day, from department to department, our people give their all to create a community unlike any other. This is just one of the many reasons U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals—and now we invite you to join us and make a difference every single day in service of this outstanding work – excellence and innovation in patient care, research, and community service.
Join our team and expand your skills and knowledge!
The Kidney/Pancreas Transplant team within our Comprehensive Transplant Center is seeking for a highly motivated Supervisor to contribute to our mission and to the great work this division is doing for our communities. With surgical and medical expertise in lung, heart, liver, kidney, and pancreas transplantation, the Cedars-Sinai Comprehensive Transplant Center is one of the most comprehensive facilities in Southern California.
About the Role
As a Supervisor for the Kidney/Pancreas Transplant Program, you will work under the general direction of the Associate Director & Clinical Operations Manager, and will be accountable for supervising the clerical/administrative staff, administer/oversee daily office operations, administrative systems, and related processes. An integral aspect of this job is to supervise and coordinate the work of the administrative/clerical team and prepare work schedules to ensure optimal coverage, so the service line’s responsibilities to its employees, physicians, and patients are met.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interviewing and recommending hires
- Providing training and coaching employees as needed
- Managing all compliance aspects of the team
- Conducting performance appraisals and recommending merit increases as appropriate
- Counsels and initiates corrective action as required
- Acts as a resource to staff, resolves personnel, Payroll, and administrative operational issues
- Administers Human Resources and Payroll functions
- Seeks guidance as necessary from Human Resources, Payroll, and Service Line Leadership
- Strives for continuous improvement in administrative procedures and processes that promote accuracy and operational efficiency
High School Diploma or GED, required
College Diploma, preferred
Experience/Skillset we are looking for:
2 years of progressively responsible administrative experience, preferably in a healthcare environment or medical office setting, required
2 years of lead or supervisory experience, highly preferred
Financial/Accounting experience in a healthcare environment, preferred
Ability to lead, coach, and motivate team members
Experience demonstrating the ability to handle multiple tasks frequently with short timelines, to prioritize and organize work, and to complete assignments in a timely and accurate manner
Excellent interpersonal and communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other software applications
- Working Title: Supervisor, Office Services - Kidney & Pancreas Transplant
- Department: Kidney/Pancreas Transplant
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Administrative
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
- Recruiter: America Juarez Valladares
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, origin, citizenship, ancestry, disability, legally protected medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
As an employee, you can apply to this internal job posting.