Steward/Stewardess Captain - Per Diem
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing perfection. From working with a team of best-in-class healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
What will you be doing in this role?
The Captain is responsible for quality food preparation that is fast, efficient, and follows all food safety requirements for patients and visitors. This person is responsible for the galley operation during his/her shift. All job duties are performed with a sensitivity and attention to the cultural, age, developmental, and environmental safety issues of the patient populations served. He/she collaborates with leadership staff to improve the quality and food and nutrition care service to patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately assembles trays according to prescribed diets in a timely manner.
- Accurately prepares food items according to recipes and oven loading instructions.
- Demonstrates standard procedures for preparing meals for service.
- Properly processes diet orders and menus; runs all required reports from nutrition software.
- Prepares food inventory and requisitions in an accurate and clear manner.
- Accurately follows instructions and guidelines for proper storage of food and supplies.
- Properly operates, sanitizes and maintains equipment in the work area.
- Demonstrates correct service-ware cleaning and dish-washing procedures.
- Accepts assigned duties in a cooperative manner.
- Complies with policies and adapts to changes in the unit as required.
- Supervises Steward/ess.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Completion of certificated program in food service or comparable training preferred.
- Prefer (1) one year food service or comparable experience serving others.
- Accurately follows oral, pictorial, and written directions in English
- Must possess a minimum computer proficiency comprised of a solid understanding of windows and possess as working knowledge of email and utilization of departmental software.
- Must be able to prepare and present food attractively
- Must be able to resolve problems quickly and utilize the chain of command as needed.
- Must be able to communicate in English, verbally and in writing, with staff, customers, and patients over the telephone or in person.
- Ability to work varying shifts and/or positions (i.e., as Captain, applicable) to meet the scheduling needs of the unit/department.
- Working Title: Steward/Stewardess Captain - Per Diem
- Department: Pat Food Spec
- Business Entity: Clinical & Support Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Patient Services
- Job Specialty: Food Services
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
- Recruiter: Luisadolfo Escobar
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, origin, citizenship, ancestry, disability, legally protected medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
As an employee, you can apply to this internal job posting.