Specialty Technician I - Main OR Operations - Full Time - 8hrs Evenings
Every Skill. Every Effort. Everything We Have
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth consecutive Magnet designation for nursing excellence. From working with a team of dedicated healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything you need to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, the Specialty Technician is assigned to perform technical duties, assist with procedures and has the responsibility to ensure smooth team work through application of knowledge and effective communication with the Registered Nurse, the patient, the Endoscopist, the Anesthesiologist, Ancillary personnel, and other health care team members. This role, provides care consistent with Nursing Standards of Care/Practice, Plan for Provision of Nursing Care, Plan for Provision of Care of Patients, CSMC Code of Conduct, Performance Improvement Plan, Patient Education Plan, and Professional Organization Standards. The Specialty Technician I maintain competency skills including the ability to provide care to special patient populations and patients with diverse cultural backgrounds. Identifies the ability of the adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients to follow directions/instructions and give consent. Identifies safety concerns in the age-related population; institutes additional protective measures to provide a safe environment, and identifies normal growth and developmental milestones in neonates, infants, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatric patients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical support for general and specialty patient population. Aware of patient needs while assisting the RN in implementing the plan of care for each patient, prioritizing job duties, physician requests, and interdepartmental procedures as advised by RN.
- Participates in department committees and unit in-services promoting patient care and safety.
- Operates equipment within assigned area by caring, handling, trouble shooting and taking safety precautions. Recognizes malfunctions and initiates repairs appropriately. Assembles processes and maintains instruments relevant to assigned area. Monitors and updates inventory within area as assigned.
- Illustrates proficiency in assembling positioners, various operating tables and safety devices to ensure safe patient care.
- Improves the accuracy of patient identification: uses two identifiers when transporting patient between units/departments.
- Reduces the risk of patient harm resulting from falls. Observes patients for risk of falling and takes action to prevent patient falls.
- Controls and maintains perioperative environments (i.e., asepsis, electrical safety, waste management and traffic patterns). Establishes and maintains a sterile field. Maintains a safe, clean and organized environment. Reduces the risk of health care acquired infection by complying with current CDC hand washing guidelines and CSMC isolation policy.
- Assumes responsibility for patient advocacy and patient rights. Meets customer’s expectations for his/her patient assignment.
- High School Diploma/GED. Graduate of an accredited school of Surgical Technician highly preferred.
- One (1) year of experience or on the job training with assisting endoscopic procedures or processing endoscopic infectious control and preparing equipment.
- Basic Life Support Certification.
- Certified Surgical Technologist highly preferred.
- Working Title: Specialty Technician I - Main OR Operations - Full Time - 8hrs Evenings
- Department: Main OR Operation
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Clinical Operations
- Job Specialty: OR/Anesthesia
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Evening
- Recruiter: Aramik Yarian
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, origin, citizenship, ancestry, disability, legally protected medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
As an employee, you can apply to this internal job posting.