Senior Sunquest - Beaker Applications Analyst
What will I be doing in this role:
The Senior Epic Beaker -LIS Applications Analyst provides a sophisticated level of operational and laboratory information system (LIS)/application build expertise, particularly Epic Beaker and Epic orders, for completing more sophisticated assignments to meet customer goals and desired outcomes. Supports the implementation of lab applications along with the integration of those systems. Performs modifications to existing applications that will effectively accomplish desired objectives. Provides advanced-level expertise on assignments/projects. Independently manages a portfolio of medium to large-scale complexity work projects.
- Participates in the planning, design, build, and testing for Epic Beaker LIS implementation.
- Support, maintenance, and testing of clinical laboratory information systems (LIS) including databases, interfaces, and operational aspects of the laboratory.
- Performs advanced-level design, build, testing, validation, and implementation assignments/projects. Based on deep knowledge of laboratory application and operational requirements, can translate complex requirements/concepts into system specifications and configuration requirements.
- Initiates, facilitates, or leads meetings with laboratory operations end-users/business owners and other EIS teams to ensure efficient workflow design, system build for customization, and optimization of the LIS. Interacts with system and support vendors as needed.
- Participates in optimization of laboratory operational work-flow processes with end-users/business owners.
- Provides high-level expertise in LIS design integration and touch points with other Epic modules and/or other applications.
- Attends and represents team on various Epic-related committees.
- Assists Team Lead in developing project plans and details.
- Manage and coordinate the more sophisticated configuration and build assignments/projects in collaboration with others.
- Ensures the research and documentation of project requirements, test plans, testing, and validation is completed.
- 5+ years of LIS application build, implementation of lab applications along with the integration.
- Epic Beaker (LIS) and clinical laboratory operations experience. (preferred)
- Sunquest implementation and operations experience. (preferred).
- Solid project management experience, knowledge of project management methodologies, and experience managing multiple projects required.
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills required.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent combination of relevant experience, education and training is required.
- Epic Certification - Beaker CP/AP and/or Inpatient Orders. (preferred)
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist/Medical Technologist experience/licensure (preferred)
- Working Title: Senior Sunquest - Beaker Applications Analyst
- Department: EIS Lab and Pathology Team
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: Software/Application Development
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
- Recruiter: Jeff McClain
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, origin, citizenship, ancestry, disability, legally protected medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
As an employee, you can apply to this internal job posting.