Security Systems Technician - Security Services - Full Time - Days
Make a difference every single day!
At Cedars-Sinai, we're motivated by a collective spirit of innovation and the challenge to continuously improve. Above all, we share a real passion for helping others. Day after day, from department to department, our people give their all to create a community unlike any other. This is just one of the many reasons U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals—and now we invite you to join us and make a difference every single day in service of this outstanding work – perfection and innovation in patient care, research, and community service. From working with a team of dedicated professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have great resources to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others.
Key Job Responsibilities:
Under general supervision, the Security Systems Technician is responsible for the security system infrastructure and security video management system. This role must be able to assemble, troubleshoot, repair and performance regular maintenance on the vast security systems at all Cedars-Sinai facilities and affiliates. This role will be responsible for the deployment and management of enterprise security tools including, but not limited to, security video systems, visitor management system, thermal cameras, access control, and others.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs and maintains security hardware according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Provides maintenance by troubleshooting, performing and providing oversight of the security systems, such as electromechanical locks, card readers, and enunciators.
- Performs system backups and maintenance for digital recording as well as providing support for the generation of usable data from the security system.
- Performs preventative maintenance of Access Control, Visitor management and CCTV Systems including backup verification, system time sync, system reset, and end user support.
- Maintains vendor relationships.
- Maintains inventory of parts and equipment.
- Assists in recommendations of new equipment and supplies in order to remain up-to-date.
- High School Diploma/GED. Bachelor's in Systems or Security related field preferred.
- One year of experience with Digital and Physical Security Systems, including, project engineering, installation, trouble shooting and system programming preferred.
- Valid CA Drivers License.
- Avigilon Certification and/or AMAG Certification preferred.
- Working Title: Security Systems Technician - Security Services - Full Time - Days
- Department: Security Plant Pro
- Business Entity: Clinical & Support Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Facilities
- Job Specialty: Security
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
- Recruiter: Aramik Yarian
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, origin, citizenship, ancestry, disability, legally protected medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
As an employee, you can apply to this internal job posting.