Research Grant Specialist II - OB/PEDS
At Cedars-Sinai, we're motivated by a collective spirit of innovation and the challenge to continuously improve. Above all, we share a real passion for helping others. Day after day, from department to department, our people give their all to create a community unlike any other. This is just one of the many reasons U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals—and now we invite you to join us and make a difference every single day in service of this outstanding work – excellence and innovation in patient care, research, and community service. From working with a team of dedicated professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have great resources to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others.
Join our team and expand your skills and knowledge!
As a Research Grant Specialist II (RGS II), you will complete and submit federal and non-federal, pre- and post- award grants while serving as the liaison between departments and sponsored research funds administration, accounting, and finance departments. The RGS II generally performs all Pre- and Post-award administrative functions, including, but not limited to, ensuring internal documents are prepared and routed for signature and processing, monitoring grant accounts, tracking all expenses, providing grant and financial reconciliation, and research-related financial reporting.
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- May contribute content to standard sections of grant applications
- Monitors Time & Effort for accurate reporting and performs necessary funding corrections via direct cost transfer requests
- Responsible for grant close out
- Finds opportunities for research funding opportunities
- May negotiate budgets for clinical trials
- May assist with research participant billing
- Ensures compliance with internal policies and procedures, all federal and local agencies including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Institutional Review Board (IRB), National Institutes of Health (NIH) and Department of Defense (DOD).
- Maintains research practices using Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law
- Participates in required training and education programs
Department-Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Supports the Obstetrics and Pediatrics Departments
- Assists with resource and coverage planning
- Ensures that designated staff are able to access information in a timely manner on a shared folder and that all files are organized clearly with agreed upon naming convention.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree
- ACRP or SoCRA certification, preferred
- Three (3) years minimum experience in administration of research grants, five (5) years preferred
- Able to sit, stand, walk, for prolonged Period of time; Able to read papers and online documents; Perform continuous operation of a personal computer for four hours or more; Able to perform moderate lifting
- Working Title: Research Grant Specialist II - OB/PEDS
- Department: Peds Chair Account
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Contract & Grant Budgeting/Funding
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
- Recruiter: Ajay Sanathara
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, origin, citizenship, ancestry, disability, legally protected medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
As an employee, you can apply to this internal job posting.