Registered Nurse Trauma Educator - 8-Hour Day Shift
Are you ready to bring your clinical skills to a world-class facility recognized as top ten in the United States? Do you have a passion for the highest clinical quality and patient happiness? Then please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work in Southern California! We would be happy to hear from you.
The Cedars-Sinai Trauma Program plays a vital role in helping people survive and heal from severe injury. As a Level I trauma center, we offer advanced resources and technologies throughout Los Angeles County and beyond. Cedars-Sinai has the capabilities to deal with the most extreme injuries, including those that require surgical specialties and complex intervention. A fully equipped operating room and expert team are always available to treat life-threatening injuries. At Cedars-Sinai, patients are in the hands of an experienced trauma team, united by a mutual mission to save lives.
As a Trauma Educator, you will be responsible for the development, coordination, delivery and evaluation of the hospital-wide trauma educational processes across the continuum of care and in the professional community. We are seeking an experienced RN to ensure all curriculum (existing and new) align with State Trauma regulations, our contractual agreement with the LA County Department of Health EMS Agency and the Level I Trauma hospital requirements from the American College of Surgeons.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Serves as an educational resource and consultant for all departments and staff regarding trauma patient management
- Demonstrates critical thinking in the coordination, implementation, documentation and evaluation of patient care
- Represents Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in all community outreach
- Identifies outreach opportunities, develops outreach programs and oversee the implementation of all educational efforts around injury prevention and trauma management to the surrounding community
- Evaluates the effectiveness of educational programs and reviews and revises all education materials to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies
- Provides instructional support to improve competency and skills for all staff working with trauma patients
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) preferred
- Current, unrestricted California RN license required
- BLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
- Advanced Trauma Care Nursing certification (ATCN or TNCC or TCAR) preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of Trauma nursing experience required
- A minimum of 3 years of experience coordinating educational programs, courses and conferences required
Keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, Trauma, Educator, Community Outreach, Healthcare, Hospital, Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, California
- Working Title: Registered Nurse Trauma Educator - 8-Hour Day Shift
- Department: Trauma Service
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing, Nursing - Experienced Nurses
- Job Specialty: Nurse Education
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
- Recruiter: Leila Harris
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, origin, citizenship, ancestry, disability, legally protected medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
As an employee, you can apply to this internal job posting.