Registered Nurse III - Electrophysiology (EP) Lab - 10-Hour Day Shift
Are you ready to bring your expert clinical skills to a world-class facility recognized as top ten in the country for cardiology? Do you have a passion for the highest quality and patient happiness? Then please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work in Southern California! We would be happy to hear from you.
The Cardiovascular Intervention Center is a core element of the Smidt Heart Institute, performing more than 8,000 procedures a year. The department serves the populations of neonates to and including geriatrics. In this twelve-laboratory facility, we perform a wide range of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for coronary artery disease, heart muscle function and heart valve dysfunction.
As a Clinical Nurse III, you will assume responsibility and accountability for the application of the nursing process and the delivery of patient care. You will work in an extremely fast-paced environment (Electrophysiology procedure rooms). EP Procedures include arrhythmia ablations, cardiac implantable electronic devices such as pacemakers and cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs). You will also be cross-trained to use your clinical competencies to circulate, monitor, scrub for invasive procedures for a population from neonate to geriatric. This role entails care of Cardiac patients from point of admission to discharge, including prolonged hours in a procedure setting with x-ray exposure. Responsibilities include: On-call coverage for urgent EP procedures on weekends and holidays with a response time of 120 minutes.
The schedule for this position will be four (4) ten-hour shifts on weekdays, as well as being on-call for weekends approximately once every six weeks, as well as holidays on a rotating basis.
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing program required
- BSN strongly preferred
- Valid California RN License required
- ACLS and PALS from the American Heart Association required
- CCRN, CVRN, or RCES required (or obtain within one year of hire to maintain CN III status)
- A minimum of 3 years of Acute Care Nursing experience required
- At least 1 year of Critical Care experience strongly recommended
- Experience in Electrophysiology or Cath Lab procedures preferred
- Experience preferred in diagnostic and therapeutic interventions with all patient populations for CN II or III qualification
- A minimum of 3 years of appropriate Cath Lab/EP experience required for CN III qualification, otherwise will be considered CN II.
Keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, Electrophysiology, Pacemaker, Arrhythmia, Defibrillator, Cardiac, Cath Lab, Heart, Healthcare, Medical Center, Hospital, Los Angeles, CA, California
- Working Title: Registered Nurse III - Electrophysiology (EP) Lab - 10-Hour Day Shift
- Department: Cardiac Cath. Lab
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing, Nursing - Experienced Nurses
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 10 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
- Recruiter: Leila Harris
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, origin, citizenship, ancestry, disability, legally protected medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
As an employee, you can apply to this internal job posting.