Program Manager - Rheumatology Research
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters.
This shared culture of happiness, passion, and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons why we rank as one of the top hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. From working with a team of committed healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything necessary do something incredible—for yourself and for others.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and skillful Program Manager to join the Division of Rheumatology team! As a Program Manager, you will lead all aspects of the Cedars-Sinai Scleroderma Center and Division of Rheumatology, overseeing day-to-day research activities, program operations and administration. For more information on the Division of Rheumatology, please visit: https://www.cedars-sinai.org/programs/rheumatology.html
This role reports to the Director of the Division of Rheumatology and works in collaboration with faculty researchers to build and maintain efficient and effective research processes that are vital to our mission.
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with other departments, leaders across the organization and other partners in the administration of the program.
- Identifies and define any logistics, action items or information needed to maintain operations.
- Identifies growth opportunities and further efficiencies that impact the program and/or departments success and aids in development of strategic plans to achieve objectives.
- Works with internal/external stakeholders to maintain and further develop program growth, community outreach activities, as well as relationship building and maintenance.
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and organizes resources to meet program objectives; may be responsible for identifying program participants.
- May lead cross-functional teams in the administration, maintenance or expansion of the program.
- Creates and fosters a collaborative and positive relationship building dynamic with internal staff and external agencies/organizations.
- May be responsible for developing and implementing any applicable education, training, on-boarding and/or mentorship pertaining to the program.
- In conjunction with leadership, responsible for planning and managing program fiscal budgets and financials.
- Ensures compliance with local, state and federal laws; accreditation, professional and regulatory agency standards and licensure requirements.
- Maintains staff and program compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Researches, gathers, organizes and summarizes data for evaluating performance of program or other program operations.
- May develop, evaluate, recommend and implement procedures for data acquisition, management and quality control.
- May analyze data for trends or conclusions and presents results and recommendations to senior leadership.
- May manage staff.
Department Specific Responsibilities:
- Oversee clinical and translational research programs and coordinate integration with research opportunities, priorities and program goals to ensure that individual staff members and research projects support the division vision.
- Maintains direct communication with faculty members, Cedars departments, funding sponsors, and research collaborators in support of the overall research plan.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge relevant to grant applications to ensure that researcher grant applications and budgets meet all grant funding agency, Department of Medicine, and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center requirements.
- Assists faculty with research protocol development assessing and advising PIs on protocol feasibility and associated required costs and staff efforts.
- Develops financial forecasts and budgets for PIs related to research grants and grant applications.
- Assists with the staffing and workload needs, developing feasibility reports for incoming projects, and monitoring the overall workflow of the research team.
- Oversees clinical trial start-up processes, including oversight of budget development and negotiations, scientific review committee submission, IRB submission and other regulatory organizations.
- Manages clinical trials activity in accordance with FDA regulations, ICH GCP compliance, and institution SOPs.
- Strategizes with division director and PIs regarding trial planning, enrollment, and effort associated with trial management.
- Make recommendations on financial and operational feasibility of new research endeavors based on collaborative review with division and institution administrative staff.
- Ensures ethical standards of research are followed.
- Attend weekly meetings and other meetings as needed with the director and division members.
High School Diploma/GED, required. Bachelor's Degree, preferred.
- Five (5) years of management, program management or related experience required.
- Five (5) years of clinical research with team leadership (or 9+ years’ experience with a High School Diploma) required.
- Clinical trials management experience, including working with industry-sponsored clinical trials phases I-IV, preferred.
- Grant and contracts experience at a large, complex health system or university, preferred.
- Experience managing a research team, preferred.
- Working Title: Program Manager - Rheumatology Research
- Department: Home Dept - Rheumatology
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Administrative
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
- Recruiter: Karen Eilon
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, origin, citizenship, ancestry, disability, legally protected medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
As an employee, you can apply to this internal job posting.