Postdoctoral Scientist - Turkson Lab
Principal Investigator, James Turkson, PhD is looking for a Postdoctoral Scientist to join the team!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion, and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons why we rank as one of the top hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
When you join Cedars-Sinai, you become part of a team that is at the forefront of medical advancements. Working alongside physician-scientists and researchers, you will be a part of life-saving medical and scientific breakthroughs
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
Working independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with the Principal Investigator and other Research Scientist, the Research Fellow will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period in the field of cancer biology and drug discovery. May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols. Analyzes and interprets data. May assist in preparation of grant proposals. Responsible for designing experiments, assembling data for publications and presentations as author or co-author. Not responsible for generating grant funds.
For more information regarding Dr. Turkson's Lab please visit: https://www.cedars-sinai.edu/research/labs/turkson.html
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- Responsible for the designe of experiments in cooperation with the mentor.
- Responsible for compiling figures and text for the submission of publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the mentor.
- May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols.
- Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
- Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in in biomedical sciences, pharmacology, or an area directly related to field of research specialization, with demonstrable laboratory experience in drug discovery and natural products research, and in vivo mouse models for antitumor efficacy and pharmacology.
- Demonstrable laboratory experience (1-4 years) in cell and molecular biology, drug discovery and natural products research, in vivo mouse work, antitumor efficacy, and pharmacology, with some experience in microbiology, protein production and purification, and mass spectrometry/proteomics analysis.
- Experience as a first author in one or more publications on impactful body of work.
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization.
- Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Turkson Lab
- Department: Home Dept - Hem - Onc
- Business Entity: Academic / Research
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Academic/Research
- Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
- Recruiter: Christine Novoa
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, origin, citizenship, ancestry, disability, legally protected medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
As an employee, you can apply to this internal job posting.