Lead Sunquest – Beaker LIS Applications Analyst
What will I be doing in this role:
Responsible for supervising and leading a team in the support, maintenance, and testing of clinical laboratory information systems (LIS) including databases, interfaces, and operational aspects of the laboratory. This work requires an expertise in laboratory science, communication, and leadership skills, plus a solid knowledge base in LIS.
- Establishes operational goals/objectives/support and assignments to team members and laboratory operations counterparts.
- Provides deep clinical laboratory operations and LIS subject matter build expertise.
- Provides technical support and maintenance to the LIS as well as integration systems and middleware.
- Ensures multi-functional integration of projects and assignments, implementation coordination with operations and other EIS departments, as well as transition to support functions.
- Helps ensure continuous real-time operation of clinical LIS (24x7).
- Projects include version upgrades of laboratory and pathology information systems, point-of-care systems, digital pathology systems, and workflow analysis and optimizations for the laboratory.
Other responsibilities include:
- Functions as project manager and the primary team liaison between EIS and the laboratory end-users to ensure efficient workflow design, system build for customization, and optimization of LIS. Interacts with system and support vendors as needed.
- Serves as the relevant clinical laboratory and LIS/application expert to team members, other EIS personnel, and end-users/business owners on LIS integration and touch-point areas. Provides highest-level expertise in design integration and touch points with LIS and/or other applications.
- Acts as system manager of the LIS and reviews/approves all change requests and testing documentation.
- Assigns tasks and leads all aspects of the analysis, testing, and implementation of updates, changes, and maintenance to LIS and related applications. Ensures end-users/business owners are advised.
- Mentors and motivates team members and coordinates team member work for quality and compliance. Assists management with hiring, on-boarding, training, and ongoing assessment of team performance.
- Coordinates and facilitates the integration of end-user/business owner needs and translates clinical/operational needs and workflow into system specifications and configuration requirements.
- Ensures adequate documentation is provided for support, end-user training, and compliance/accreditation.
- Provides content and maintains application/system-associated knowledge management documents (KMs) for troubleshooting and Helpdesk Services.
- Develop and maintain team on-call schedule and provide on-call support.
- 8 years relevant laboratory information systems (LIS) experience (Sunquest preferred).
- Epic Beaker (CP or AP) or Epic Inpatient Orders experience preferred.
- Technical specialist and functional knowledge of assigned LIS.
- Experience in leading, supervising, and developing teams.
- Solid project management experience and knowledge of project management methodologies and experience managing multiple projects.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent combination of relevant experience, education, and training is required.
- Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) or relevant license (preferred).
- Working Title: Lead Sunquest – Beaker LIS Applications Analyst
- Department: EIS Lab and Pathology Team
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: Software/Application Development
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
- Recruiter: Jeff McClain
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, origin, citizenship, ancestry, disability, legally protected medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
As an employee, you can apply to this internal job posting.