First Cook - Per Diem
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
At Cedars-Sinai, we're motivated by a collective spirit of innovation and the challenge to continuously improve. Above all, we share a real passion for helping others. Day after day, from department to department, our people give their all to create a community unlike any other. This is just one of the many reasons U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals—and now we invite you to join us and make a difference every single day in service of this outstanding work – excellence and innovation in patient care, research, and community service. From working with a team of dedicated professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have great resources to do something incredible—for yourself, and for others
What will you be doing in this role?
With minimal oversight, the First Cook ensures high quality of food processing by strict adherence to proper production techniques and the production order resulting in timely service to the customer. This position is responsible for the sanitation of all specialized cooking equipment assigned to the area. Performs all duties with sensitivity and attention to the cultural age, developmental, and environmental safety issues of the populations serviced. Works in collaboration with leadership staff to provide high-quality nutrition care and food service.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately assembles trays according to prescribed diets in a timely manner.
- Accurately prepares food items according to standard production orders and/or recipes and completes frozen food production orders as assigned.
- Demonstrates standard procedures for preparing meals for service.
- Properly processes diet orders and mens; runs all required reports from nutrition software.
- Prepares food inventory and requisitions in an accurate and clear manner
- Accurately follows instructions and guidelines for the proper storage of food and supplies
- Properly operates, sanitizes, and maintains equipment in the work area.
- Demonstrates the correct services are cleaning and dish-washing procedures.
- Accepts assigned duties in a cooperative manner.
- Complies with policies and adapts to change in the unit as required.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- At least four (4) year of cooking or comparable work experience
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Computer proficiency is a requirement.
- Working Title: First Cook - Per Diem
- Department: Pat Food Spec
- Business Entity: Clinical & Support Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Patient Services
- Job Specialty: Food Services
- Position Type: Per Diem
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Evening
- Recruiter: Luisadolfo Escobar
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, origin, citizenship, ancestry, disability, legally protected medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
As an employee, you can apply to this internal job posting.