Enterprise Monitoring Team Lead
What will you be doing:
Leads the daily workload of the team responsible for a broad variety of technical administration, engineering, and support for Health Systems information systems, enterprise applications, and infrastructure. Is the subject matter expert and direct support for the planning, coordination, upgrade, improvement, and implementation of systems/infrastructure/application software. Performs capacity planning, workload modeling, and prediction of resource needs. Ensures timely system maintenance, plans/implements major software/hardware upgrades; ensuring change management procedures and methodologies are implemented and followed. Participates in the development and implementation of technical standards, policies, and procedures. Works as a liaison with contractors and vendors as needed. Works independently or as a member of interdisciplinary teams on sophisticated projects.
- Responsible for leading enterprise monitoring for all health systems across multiple locations.
- Provides leadership and acts as a mentor for team members.
- Collaborates with other technology teams across the enterprise, i.e. application, database, server, storage, network, security, NOC, etc. to develop effective monitoring solution and implement automation where needed.
- Ensures stable performance through continuous performance monitoring and tuning.
- Participates and leads the troubleshooting effort during incidents.
- Responsible for recruitment, onboarding, managing schedules, personnel actions, performance reviews, and performance improvement plans.
- Seven (7)+ years' experience as a systems engineer in a complex multi-platform, multi-protocol environment.
- Commanding knowledge in enterprise monitoring solutions such as Big Panda, Solarwinds, Spectrum, SCOM, and SquaredUp.
- Solid grasp of the Windows/Linux OS, Vmware, network stack (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, HTTP, SSL, routing, etc.), Cloud (AWS) and storage (NetApp, S3, EBS, etc).
- Knowledge of the network that power today’s modern and highly available web and mobile applications, with deep domain experience in one or more areas: compute, networking, storage, high availability,
- cloud security, application performance.
- Advanced scripting skills.
- Working understanding of Industry Standards such as ITIL, and other standard methodology frameworks for the enterprise.
- Solid project management and interpersonal skills; able to deal effectively with diverse abilities and personalities, provide strong team leadership, and work effectively as a teammate.
Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, or related field. (preferred)
CCNA, AWS Cloud Practitioner, or any other technical certification(s) in Computer, Network, Storage, Security. (preferred)
- Working Title: Enterprise Monitoring Team Lead
- Department: Enterprise Monitoring
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: Network & Systems Engineering
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
- Recruiter: Jeff McClain
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, origin, citizenship, ancestry, disability, legally protected medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
As an employee, you can apply to this internal job posting.