Dispatch Associate - Dispatch Call Center - Part-Time - Evening Shift
Do you enjoy working in a call center environment?
If your answer is 'yes', we invite you to consider this opportunity!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we’ve achieved our fifth-consecutive Magnet designation for nursing perfection. Join us, and discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals!
The Dispatch Call Center department within our Hospitality Services Division is committed to providing world-class services for patients, staff and the community. The team ensures that your requests are heard and completed to the satisfaction of the requestor. Follow-through is an important trait we emphasize for the quality of care for all guests at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
What is expected of you in this role?
The Dispatch Associate serves as an information and problem resolution to the medical center by dispatching organizational resources. Efficiently navigate work order and/or other systems, utilize communication systems, and other documents or files to effectively process and retrieve needed information in a timely and accurate manner.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide dispatch services by acquiring complete information from requestor and accurately and comprehensively create dispatch work or case orders. Log and document in system and work with appropriate department to communicate dispatch request.
- Focus on live data updates and appropriately schedule or dispatch representatives to service calls and take immediate dispatch action involving patient care. Follow-up and/or recall locations of various areas and departments throughout the medical center.
- Display excellent communication and customer service when speaking with customers and during follow-up. Utilize proper telephone etiquette when assisting customers, triaging calls and providing information while maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Handle high call volumes and in emergency situations while keeping in line with Department and organizational policies and procedures.
Qualifications we are looking for:
- High School Diploma/GED, required.
- One year of experience in a call center or as a dispatcher required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks frequently with short timelines, to prioritize and organize work, and to complete assignments in a timely, accurate manner.
- Ability to use software applications and operate technological devices.
- Ability to convey and/or receive written/verbal information to/from various audiences in different formats.
- Ability to provide and/or support a level of work excellence and accuracy; recognize and address flaws or errors that others may overlook.
- Working Title: Dispatch Associate - Dispatch Call Center - Part-Time - Evening Shift
- Department: Dispatch Call Center
- Business Entity: Clinical & Support Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Administrative
- Job Specialty: Customer Support
- Position Type: Part-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Evening
- Recruiter: America Juarez Valladares
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, origin, citizenship, ancestry, disability, legally protected medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
As an employee, you can apply to this internal job posting.