Desktop Support Engineer II
What will you be doing:
The Desktop Engineer is responsible for a broad variety of technical administration, engineering, and support for Health Systems information systems, enterprise applications and associated infrastructure. Provides direct support for the planning, coordination, upgrade, enhancement and implementation of computer systems and infrastructure/application software. Ensures stable performance through performance monitoring and tuning. Participates in capacity planning, workload modeling, and prediction of resource needs, ensures timely system maintenance, participates in the planning and implementation of major software and hardware upgrades, ensuring change management procedures and methodologies are implemented and followed. Works independently or as a member of interdisciplinary teams on moderately complex projects.
- Responsible for technical administration, engineering and support of Health Systems information systems, enterprise applications and infrastructure.
- Provides direct support for the planning, coordination, upgrade, enhancement and implementation of systems and software.
- Ensures stable performance through performance monitoring and tuning. Timely system maintenance, participates in the planning and implementation of major software and hardware upgrades.
- Configures, installs, maintains, applies patches/fixes and troubleshoots physical and logical tiers of applications/software/systems.
- Three (3)+ years of experience as a desktop tengineer in a complex multi-platform, multi-protocol environment.
- Expertise with a variety of server/systems monitoring, analysis, management, and configuration tools.
- Able to solve problems independently, quickly, and completely and communicate them clearly to upper management.
- Healthcare sector experience a plus.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Healthcare, or related field. (preferred)
Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP). or ACIC Certification. (preferred)
A+, Altiris, Microsoft Certified Technician Specialist (MCTS), Apple Certified System Administration (ACSA) (highly desired)
- Working Title: Desktop Support Engineer II
- Department: EIS MDRH Operations
- Business Entity: Corporate Services
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Job Specialty: Network & Systems Engineering
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
- Recruiter: Jeff McClain
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, origin, citizenship, ancestry, disability, legally protected medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
As an employee, you can apply to this internal job posting.