$10K Sign-On Bonus - Registered Nurse III - Oncology Clinic Nurse
Do you have a passion for the highest clinical quality and patient happiness? Would you like to use your expert clinical competencies with an organization known nationally for excellence in cancer treatment, research and education? We would be happy to hear from you! Please consider the following exciting opportunity with one of the most outstanding and dynamic places to work in California as your next career move.
The Samuel Oschin Cancer Center, nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report, treats more than 60 types of cancer. Its team of experts works to create a treatment plan to meet each patient's specific needs. The center's outpatient infusion center offers chemotherapy and supportive services, including 18 private rooms for treatment sessions six hours or longer.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Case Management of ~100 active treatment patients with diagnoses of pancreatic cancer, cholangiocarcinoma, colon, gallbladder, appendiceal, esophageal and gastric cancers. Management of NET patients in coordination with NP.
- Manage and plan the treatment schedules for chemotherapy, immunotherapy, and biotherapy
- Educate patient/family regarding disease, progression, treatment, side effects and symptom management.
- Connect patients with resources such as social work, nutrition, supportive care medicine, spiritual care.
- Maintain communication and coordinate interdisciplinary care amongst all providers to facilitate the best care and support for each individual patient situation.
- Assess patients as they come to the exam area and facilitate communication with the MD. Continually problem solve and update plans of care with patient involvement.
- Triage phone calls from patients to assess immediate needs and provide solutions, contact other clinicians to facilitate solutions, and/or provide advice to the patient for appropriate measures.
- Advocate for patients and families to ensure patient is safe and able to make informed decisions as much as possible, while receiving quality care and treatment/palliative options.
- Access, draw labs, and provide care for central lines including PAS-ports, Port-a-Caths, and PICC lines. Provide education on these lines to patients/families.
- Use of EPIC ambulatory system (CS Link) for charting, records, and orders.
- Complete facility charges for exam area visits/procedures
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required
- BSN preferred
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the state of California required
- BLS from the American Heart Association required
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) preferred (or willing to obtain within one year from start date)
- A minimum of 3 years of acute care nursing experience required
- Applicants with at least 1 year but less than 3 years of acute care experience will be considered for Clinical Nurse II level
- Experience in oncology nursing strongly preferred
- Working Title: $10K Sign-On Bonus - Registered Nurse III - Oncology Clinic Nurse
- Department: OCC-Clinic Exams
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing, Nursing - Experienced Nurses
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
- Recruiter: Leila Harris
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, origin, citizenship, ancestry, disability, legally protected medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
As an employee, you can apply to this internal job posting.