$10K Sign-On Bonus - Registered Nurse III - Hem Onc/BMT Clinic - 8-Hour Day Shift
Do you have a passion for the highest clinical quality and patient happiness? Would you like to use your expert clinical competencies with an organization known nationally for excellence in cancer treatment, research and education? We would be happy to hear from you! Please consider the following exciting opportunity with one of the most outstanding and dynamic places to work in California as your next career move.
The Samuel Oschin Cancer Center, nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report, treats more than 60 types of cancer. Its team of experts works to create a treatment plan to meet each patient's specific needs. The center's outpatient infusion center offers chemotherapy and supportive services, including 18 private rooms for treatment sessions six hours or longer.
As a Clinical Nurse III, you will deliver comprehensive care to hematology oncology patients and care for pre and post BMT patients. This position allows you to demonstrate independence in assessing patient care needs and learning needs on routine and complex adult and geriatric patients to develop a plan of care, as well as plan care and education based on disease process and desired patient outcomes.
Summary of Essential Duties:
- Ambulatory practice management including efficient clinic flow and ensure continuity of patient care
- Completion of pertinent nursing assessment and interventions
- Manage outpatient chemotherapy schedule, set up new oral chemotherapy medications electronically and manage monthly prescriptions
- Telephone triage of clinic patients with needs ranging from chemotherapy, results review, symptom management, scheduling issues
- Manage acute and chronic side effects after BMT (stem cell transplant)
- Assist with in-office procedures, administer intermuscular and subcutaneous chemotherapy injections, work with CADD pumps for continuous infusions, access, de-access and trouble shoot PAS-ports and chest ports
- Educate patients and families on treatment plans, medications, treatment side effects
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required
- BSN preferred
- Current, unrestricted California RN license required
- ONS Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Provider Card required
- Oncology Nursing Society OCN certification required or willing to obtain within one year from start date
- BLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
- A minimum of 3 years of acute care nursing experience required
- At least 2 years of acute oncology nursing experience required
Keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, Oncology, Hematology, Cancer, Blood, Marrow, Transplant, Outpatient, Chemotherapy, Biotherapy, Healthcare, Medical Center, Hospital, Los Angeles, CA, California
- Working Title: $10K Sign-On Bonus - Registered Nurse III - Hem Onc/BMT Clinic - 8-Hour Day Shift
- Department: OCC-Clinic Exams
- Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing, Nursing - Experienced Nurses
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 8 hour shift
- Shift Type: Day
- Recruiter: Leila Harris
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, origin, citizenship, ancestry, disability, legally protected medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
As an employee, you can apply to this internal job posting.